BOOKS I READ IN 2017
one of my new year's resolutions was to read more so i'm making this list to motivate me
- •Evan bought this for me for Christmas and I was so excited to read it, since I love reading books written by celebrities (favorably comedians). I thoroughly enjoyed Amy's book and could relate a lot as an introvert. Although I don't typically enjoy Amy as an actress, her writing was exceptional.(definitely stole this pic from someone's insta)
- •Reread this before watching NPH's Netflix show. It's a super quick read, so I read the book and watched the show all in the same day. I love Lemony Snicket's writing and how he teaches children vocabulary words through his stories. Unfortunately - pun intended - I didn't get around to reading the others in the series. Maybe when Season 2 comes.(as always, the book was better than the production)
- •I requested this at the library as soon as it was available because Anna is one of my favorite actresses / singers / people on this planet. As soon as I got the book I dove right in and fell in love with her all over again. It wasn't my favorite memoir, but I'm definitely glad I got to see this side of Anna.(also pissed she didn't talk about The Last Five Years AT ALL. WHO KISSES JEREMY JORDAN AND DOESN'T DEDICATE A CHAPTER OF HER LIFE TO HOW GREAT IT (PROBABLY) WAS ????
- •I took about a month hiatus from reading and started watching more T.V. shows. My roommate watches The Mindy Project, and told me I would like it. She was wrong, because I LOVE IT SO MUCH WOW !!!! I love Mindy so much, and realized she was my next memoir to read. She did not disappoint.
- •After I finished Mindy's first book I immediately started reading her next one. I feel like she's my best friend. ****(this best friend theory might be because her real best friend has the same last name as me. i have this dream that she will notice me on social media, creep on my feed, text B.J. and ask if we are related, he says "unfortunately, no, but she seems like a pretty cool girl", and we become the three musketeers. except we are a much more exceptional candy bar. we are like snickers mixed with twix and take 5.)
- •So naturally after reading Mindy's books, I decided to read B.J.'s. I actually listened to the audiobook while I was at work, which was the highlight of my week. My favorite story was The Man Who Invented the Calendar.After reading Mindy and B.J.'s books, I decided to watch The Office again. The first time I tried to watch it (last year), I didn't like Michael Scott and I couldn't find the motivation to watch a show where I couldn't stand the lead character, so I stopped. This time I literally can't stop laughing and binging the show. It's been a week and I'm already halfway done. Thank you, Mindy and B.J., for being two incredible human beings.
- •Since I love Scandal, I wanted to read some of Shonda's writing that doesn't take place on screen. I loved this book because she is such a down-to-earth celebrity, and explains how even though she is seen as a successful woman, she has her own problems and struggles just like every other human being. Inspiring to all fellow introverts!!