PEOPLE I'D LIKE TO HEAR ON WTF WITH MARC MARON
Feel free to add your own...
- •Larry DavidThe hilariously stubborn writer, comedian, actor and creator of Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm would make for hilarious conversation between the two. If Maron would get him to open up, which he probably would, David could take listeners on the journey that brought him from standup to creator of some of the biggest shows in comedy while never having to sacrifice his style and voice.
- •Tina FeyOne of the most hilarious people in Hollywood, Tina Fey had accomplished a lot. Head writer of SNL, created and starred in one of the best sitcoms of recent years (30 Rock), created and produced another incredible show that's well on its way of becoming a classic (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt), wrote Mean Girls, and is doing much much more.
- •George SaundersAn amazing humorist who takes on modern day America in a charming and cutting way. He's written a handful of short story collections, teaches at Syracuse University, and received the MacArthur fellowship.
- •Paul McCartneyObvious reasons why.
- •Oprah WinfreyIt'd be awesome if he could get her to be vulnerable. Oprah is such a powerhouse and professional that she often steals the show, but if Maron could do what he's done with so many others and have her open up it'd be incredible.
- •BJ NovakSuper creative, smart, and funny. I promise he's not just on the list because he helped create this app. It's something I've wanted long before the list app.
- •Tyler PerryPerry has done so much acting, directing, and producing, but I'd love to know more about where he came from, his comedic opinions, and people that influenced his very unique style of filmmaking.
- •Charlie KaufmanWildly inventive, and a one of a kind voice. I'd love to spend an hour inside the head of the man behind Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- •Thomas PynchonThis one is likely impossible, but that just makes it more intriguing to me.
- •Wes AndersonHe has the ability to create such wonderful, chaotic, and real worlds inside his crazy, unbelievable stories. One of the most creative and innovative filmmakers out there.