A Surefire Way of Getting My 5-year-old to Eat Vegetables
Pretty deeply gratifying, because he's picky.
- •Throw a package of basil in a Cuisinart.One of very few things I find a Cuisinart is better than an immersion blender for.
- •Fill up the rest with baby spinach.
- •Add two tablespoons of pine nuts.
- •A clove of garlic.
- •Half a cup of olive oil, half of it poured in while the machine is going.
- •Add half a cup of Pecorino Romano.
- •And a couple of handfuls of cooked broccoli.
- •Blend it to a smooth pesto.
- •Put that on any pasta and he will go nuts for it. Even though he won't eat spinach or broccoli in most other forms.