Friend-of-a-friends I'd Be Excited to See Join Listapp
Use one of your next invites for them, if you're closer to them than I am? (Feel free to add.)
- •Mallory Ortberg.Her best pieces on The Toast are in list form already. Seems like a slam dunk.
- •Simon Rich.We overlapped at the Lampoon just long enough for me to observe that he's one of the most naturally gifted comedy writers ever.
- •Jill Soloway.Transparent is one of my favorite things, ever, and I suspect she'd love how hard people on here are Jewing it up.
- •Jeet Heer.He basically does only lists on Twitter, anyhow, and knows a lot about a lot of things.
- •Brooke Gladstone.Thinks deep about media (On the Media is a pretty terrific radio show), would probably have a field day with this.
- •Sarah Koenig.Wife-of-a-friend, who'd I'd mostly want on here to respond to the many Serial-related lists. Which might be super-annoying for her?
- •Sasha Weiss.A really smart editor, and the time I met her, she pivoted from talking about contemporary poetry to gaming Reddit for pageviews very impressively. Would be interested to see what she'd do here.
- •Adele Waldman@Ayelet's name twin! Amazing writer and thinker of mid 20s/early 30s nihilistic thoughts. Cultural critic in the most subtle way!Suggested by @lenadunham
- •Durga Chew-BossGenius on matters of race& feminismSuggested by @lenadunham
- •Emily Nussbaum.I don't read her religiously, but she has written a couple of things that have made me fall in love with her. Her True Detective piece was, for my money, 💯.