Listapp Resolutions 3/22/15
Personal, but feel free to come along.
- •At least one list a day.This is too interesting a social experiment to not be all-in. Worth prioritizing.
- •Be more vulnerable.If the people on here with substantial public followings can be so open and honest, I can ditch the professorial reserve I try to maintain on other social media. No one should give a shit.
- •Follow more people. Like, everybody.Unlike Twitter, which just feels like a mess to me lately (and I don't think I understood in the first place), here I really do want to see everything that's happening.
- •Try to remember how to write comedy.I made the Lampoon based at least partly on the support of friends, and I was never in the same league as most of those genuine comedy geniuses (hi @helytimes @kce00 @davekingthing), and never aspired to a career in comedy writing. But I did learn how to write a serviceable "list piece" back then and I guess I should be able to draw on that here.
- •Find a use for numbered lists.Nobody seems to be doing that. I wonder why?
- •Stop freaking out every time @Ayelet posts a candid photo of her husband.Deep breaths. He's just a person who writes books, like a lot of other people.