My Month in Paris, So Far
If you're around, drop a line.
- •Coming back to the 11th felt like coming home.I fucking love this quartier.
- •Discovered that we're Airbnb'ing the apartment of a serious Jewish Studies scholar.Her book collection, and CV, are amazing.
- •Sliced my finger open.Because, as they say, it's not the sharp knives that'll get you, but the shitty ones bought at IKEA and left in the apartment you Airbnb'd.
- •Took my five-year-old for an expensive steak au poivre.Because that's why we're here.
- •Eaten trayf at every meal.(Except breakfasts.) Even when we bought kosher chicken, because the kosher butcher down the street is the closest, @SaraKippur cooked the mushrooms in butter.
- •Had better wine, cheese, bread, vegetables, dairy, dessert than I ever get at home.As always.
- •Have been speaking more French than usual, with mixed results.Best exchange so far was when I went to pick up the Vietnamese food and made it through flawlessly until the guy asked if I wanted "baguettes" and I looked him like, dude, I don't need a loaf of bread from you, until he reminded me that "baguettes" are chopsticks.
- •Discovered a new favorite place.The Cent Quatre, up in the 19th. I kind of don't want to tell people about it.
- •Have been mostly off List App.Because I haven't installed it yet on the old unlocked 4S I've been using. What've I been missing?