PARMIGIANA DISHES RANKED
Had shrimp parmigiana this weekend on the Jersey Shore (because that is a sentence, I guess). Shrimp parm had me and others at the table ranking our favorite parmigiana dishes. Here's mine
- •ChickenYou don't mess with the classics. Chicken has the perfect thickness and texture. Also holds its breading best.
- •EggplantAlso phenomenal. Mushier but often with more cheese, for the win.
- •MeatballHarder to eat than the last 2. Also too dependent on the quality of meatballs. Still great.
- •VealJust too political and dramatic for the greatness when alternatives are available.
- •ShrimpWatch out for those tails!
- •MeatloafThis exists, barely, which is the only way it should exist.
- •BONUS: Garlic BreadHonestly I have no idea if this exists. Did I just invent this? Is this French bread pizza? Either way it's still better than meatloaf parm.