Some Dungeons & Dragons Haikus I wrote a long time ago
A 12-part cycle of youth!
- •running from bugbears turning corners, torch-lit halls is that a roper?
- •hard, high boots for me extra chain mail for my horse off to see Elfrin
- •the bloody dais features gruesome bas reliefs— an altar perhaps
- •your little brother always just dies and complains he can’t play with us!
- •removing the gem from the statue’s single eye lifts the portcullis
- •dude has some long hair and always brings his own dice is he, like, twenty?
- •the cave opens up to a vast, underground sea eerie dull lapping
- •Let me find the page See, I told you already: elves get bonus throws
- •grounded for three days maybe i’ll “hide in shadows” and roll characters
- •too many trolls faster, they give chase — but wait: my handy caltrops
- •Vanessa peeks in glimpses boys, maps, dice, candy spotted, she runs away.
- •the four-sided die is called a tetrahedron; yeah duh I knew that