Some Facts About Darryl Dawkins, Aka Chocolate Thunder, Aka Sir Slam, Aka Dr. Dunkenstein.
- •His first nickname, Chocolate Thunder, was given to him by Stevie Wonder.
- •He wore one Reebok and one Pony shoe on each foot in the NBA finals, as he was sponsored by both companies. (To much consternation from the coach.)
- •He often claimed to be an alien from the planet Lovetron.
- •He developed back problems from carrying a 70-pound boom box.
- •He shattered the backboard twice while dunking, causing the league to change to rims that wouldn't break the glass.
- •He called that dunk the "The Chocolate-Thunder-Flying, Robinzine-Crying, Teeth-Shaking, Glass-Breaking, Rump-Roasting, Bun-Toasting, Wham-Bam, Glass-Breaker-I-Am-Jam."
- •He ate chocolate bars on the bench, to more coach consternation.
- •He had other nicknames for his maneuvers: “In Your Face Disgrace,” “Earthquaker Shaker,” “Candyslam,” “Dunk You Very Much,” “Look Out Below,” “Yo Mama,” “Turbo Sexophonic Delight,” “Rim Wrecker,” “Greyhound Bus” (for when he went coast-to-coast), “Cover Your Head,” “Spine Chiller Supreme,” “Slam Bam Thank You Ma’am” and “Walk Away From Love."