Awesome Indie Book Stores in the Boston Area
in alphabetical order based on town, each with a one line blurb - please make suggestions for ones I've missed.
- •Trident Booksellers & CafeBoston. Great full service restaurant AND bar in addition to the full bookstore.
- •Make Way for DucklingsBoston. Same owners as the Curious George store, but this time in Faniuel Hall.
- •Brookline BooksmithBrookline. A staple in Coolidge Corner.
- •Porter Square BooksCamridge. Author events almost every night.
- •Harvard Book StoreCambridge. Just outside the square across from campus.
- •The Curious George Book StoreCambridge. Greatest location ever in the center of the square.
- •The Concord BookshopConcord. Best smelling book store I've ever been to.
- •Blue Bunny BooksDedham. Run by the fabulous author/illustrator twin brothers Paul and Peter H. Reynolds.
- •Jabberwocky BookshopNewburyport. Awesome space in an old mill.
- •Newtonville BooksNewton. Not actually in Newtonville any more.
- •New England Mobile Book FairNewton. Coolest warehouse-style book store.
- •An Unlikely StoryPlainville. Amazing three story building created by Diary of a Wimpy Kid author Jeff Kinney.
- •Wellesley BooksWellesley. Don't miss he used books section downstairs.
- •Book EndsWinchester. Right on the corner in the heart of downtown.
- •PapercutsOpened in Jamaica Plain last year!Suggested by @sa
- •Brattle Bookstore in downtown Boston, founded in 1825, a real cultural landmark.Suggested by @BillNovak
- •Andover Bookstore in AndoverSuggested by @mpknowles85