IMMEDIATE RESPONSES UPON HEARING MY NAME IS JOSIE
- •Like Josie and the Pussycats?This can range from harmless to completely over-sexual and inappropriate.
- •Have you seen Never Been Kissed? Josie Grossie...I adore Never Been Kissed and have never really been bullied or called Josie Grossie. (Nosy Josie, I get that one pretty often...)
- •My dad calls me that to make fun of me. Cause I'm Joe. And Josie's a girl name.Can we stop punishing boys by calling them feminine things yet?
- •Is that Jo-sie? Or Jo-zie?This one sends me into complete panic because my parents never told me and I go back and forth about it all the time without noticing.
- •When someone reads my name, 100% they will call me José.Even the teachers at an all-girls school made that blunder on day one.
- •25% of the time, people will still want to call me José even after I introduce myself.That's cool, if it's fun for you, I don't mind.