MY TOP FIVE FAVORITE NUMBERS FROM THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Andrew Lloyd Webber's music for Phantom changed my life. More specifically, it dictated how I relate to people, what I look for in a man, and what my favorite karaoke songs are.
- 1.The Point of No Return"Past the point of no return" has become such an integral part of my lexicon. I think it might even be criminally annoying, but I don't give a damn. This and what follows is the best part of the musical.
- 2.All I Ask of You (Reprise)The moment the Phantom joins this number gives me chills and gives me life.
- 3.The Music of the NightThis is my favorite karaoke number closely followed by the next song, but you know I'm gonna do both.
- 4.The Phantom of the OperaCome on. It's then titular song because it is just that good. Trying to keep up with Christine's vocals while speeding down the 5 late at night was a tradition during college.
- 5.Think of MeWhen I was a young girl, I had the music to Phantom of the Opera for my clarinet. This is the song I incessantly tried to master and memorize. During a Girl Scout meeting around that time, we had an impromptu talent show where I wiped the floor with everyone by bursting into this song. While my vocals have only gotten worse over the years, this song is still close to my heart.