MY TOP TEN MOVIES OF 2015
I saw pretty much everything. Notably missed Son of Saul and 45 Years. These were the films that made me the happiest, changed the way I see the world, and were great cinema.
- 1.The Hateful EightThe roadshow was the best cinematic experience I had all year - amazing time with a great crowd.
- 2.AnomalisaAmazing and touching film, never seen anything that looked like this before.
- 3.SpotlightSuch momentum! Insane how they managed to surprise me when I thought I knew the whole story.
- 4.SicarioDenis Villeneuve's work continues to interest and amaze me. Benicio at his sexiest since Traffic.
- 5.Love & MercyGreat performances and a heartbreaking true story.
- 6.BrooklynNever contrived or forced to be something more than it is.
- 7.The MartianHad a great time and such a visceral reaction.
- 8.CreedReminded me why I love Rocky so much.
- 9.Danny CollinsSo much heart, such brilliant performers all working together.
- 10.The Man From UNCLEI had so much more fun watching this than I did Fury Road - highly recommend.
- 11.Honorable mentions: Chi-raq, The Lobster, Bridge of Spies, Spectre, Weepah Way For Now, and Infinitely Polar Bear.