WHY I WAS PROUD OF MYSELF IN 2015
Can't go into the new year without some positive vibes.
- •Went without Starbucks for over two months.It's like 45 minutes away from my new home, but I'm totally still impressed.
- •Left Southern California.Planning to live an entire year outside of my sunny home state for the first time in my life.
- •Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Chapman University with a BFA in Creative Producing and a minor in Narrative Television.And with the rigors of film school over at last, I retired to a cabin in the woods to write screenplays.
- •Lost 15 pounds.Might have gained 15 pounds first, but I'm heading in the right direction now.
- •Finished my first screenplay and begun working on my next.Long overdue.
- •Starred in and helped write my sorority's "skit."Finally embraced my inner theatrics and tried out for a part in our lipsyncing/dancing condensed version of Clue. Conquered my stage fright and, dare I say, stole the show. The amount of positive attention I got for this was a little overwhelming.
- •Rekindled relationships with my cousins, aunt, and uncle.Socializing, especially with family that I don't know very well, is extremely tough for me.
- •Was in charge of a class of 20 people who organized the end of the year commencement celebration at the film school.It was our first year just having a party instead of an awards show and I think it went amazingly well. I don't think I'll ever throw a 25k bash again, but I loved every minute of it.
- •Stopped biting my nails.This could be a symptom of my out-of-school, unemployed, relaxed lifestyle, but it is fabulous for my manicure.
- •Chose my happiness over my parents and did not go home for the holidays.Also, being unemployed and all, it was the financially responsible decision.