A FEW GREAT (AND NOT SO GREAT) FEATURE FILMS SHOT IN OREGON
Last week Governor Kate Brown signed a bill extending incentives for film and television producers to bring their productions to Oregon. Here's a list to celebrate those efforts.
- •One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
- •Stand By MeA classic, filmed in Brownsville, OR.
- •The GooniesAstoria, OR. I've been to the Goonie house more times that if like to admit.
- •CoralineHats off to Laika, here in PDX. Btw I can still say "shot" in Oregon. A lot of this film was stop motion. Correct me if I'm wrong.
- •The ShiningI believe only the exteriors were filmed in Oregon (the beautiful Timberline Lodge).
- •ElephantAn underrated GVS film. I actually went to the casting call for this. Didn't get a part.
- •Homeward Bound: The Incredible JourneyI named my first dog Shadow. If you don't love this movie, you have no soul.
- •Animal HouseFilmed on location at my beloved alma mater, glorifying over consumption, togas, and all things college.
- •Drugstore Cowboy
- •Kindergarten CopAnother Astoria gem.
- •TwilightI believe parts were filmed at Indian beach, and forest park here in Oregon. A lot of the film was shot in Washington.
- •Sometimes a Great Notion
- •The Postman
- •My Own Private Idaho