FIVE THINGS MY 23 YEAR OLD SELF WISHES I KNEW AT 17.
Remember being 17 and bright eyed? Thinking you knew pretty much everything there ever was to know and everything else was shitty icing on a delicious cake. Then you hit your 20s, and the cake doesn't seem so good... I'm here, at 23 (pretty much knowing everything), with a few tips to make things a bit easier.
- 1.You're an Idiot. You Know Nothing.And you probably won't know anything for another ten years. That's okay. Stop trying to flex like you know so much. Instead, ask more questions. Be curious.
- 2.Keep Your Scope Wide.You're just a lil' baby. Don't try to narrow your focus just yet, nothing is set in stone. Having multiple hobbies is great, don't give it up so soon.
- 3.Mind Your Health.This one sounds like a no brainier, but keep your health a priority. I'm not saying it all goes downhill in your 20s, but there's going to be a morning or two where your knee just doesn't feel right & those 36 hour stretches with no sleep don't feel worth it afterwards.
- 4.Listen More.To everything. Listen to people when they speak. Don't be a lil' shit. Take the time to hear people's stories. Listen to more music. Dem Franchize Boyz & Crime Mobb won't be around forever, believe it or not. Listen to books. That doesn't make much sense, but trust me.
- 5.It's Okay to Make Mistakes.Make mistakes, learn from them, bounce back & try again.