BEST BAD MOVIES
Movies that are unwatchable and unmissable
- •The Room (2003)Director, Writer, Actor, Producer, and Actual Melting-Wax-Statue Tommy Wiseau has created what might be the most grotesque vanity project ever created.
- •Birdemic: Shock and Terror (2008)Director James Ngyuen's self proclaimed "romantic action drama". It's all the charm of The Birds with none of the talent, budget, or concerns of basic filmmaking. (PS: The sequel is not worth watching.)
- •Showgirls (1995)Killed Elizabeth Berkeley's career and my will to live. Verhoven directed this stirring story of one woman's dream of dancing with her nips out.
- •Miami Connection (1987)Taekwondo master and motivational speaker Y.K Kim's passion project. It has ninjas, drug deals, original rock numbers. What it doesn't have: sense.
- •Tammy and the T-Rex (1994)Paul Walker (RIP) is mauled by lions and an evil scientist transplants his brain into a giant robotic T-Rex. He then spends the rest of the movie trying to win back his girlfriend played by Denise Richards.
- •Manos: Hands of Fate (1966)Nearly unwatchable (and inaudible as every actor is dubbed over), this was a movie made by an actual fertilizer salesman. It shows.
- •Samurai Cop (1991)He's a loose cannon Samurai Cop with a heart of gold and arguably the worst wig in film history. The bad news is the dialogue is terrible, the good news is that it's not nearly as bad as the sex scenes are.
- •Roadhouse (1989)"Blah blah blah. I'm Patrick Swayze. Blah blah blah. I'm gonna wear short sleeve turtlenecks or no shirt at all. Pain don't hurt. I'm gonna pull a man's heart out through his throat. Blah blah blah. Roundhouse kick!" (My mom really likes this movie.)
- •Troll 2 (1990)A sequel with absolutely no connection to its predecessor, Troll 2 is absolutely unbelievable. No really, it's unbelievable. A kid's dead grandpa warns him that goblins exist and are turning people into plants so they can eat them. No one is gonna believe that shit.
- •The Wicker Man (2006)This remake succeeds where the original didn't by adding Nicholas Cage in a full bear costume punching a lady in the face. Oh and CGI BEEEEES AGUGHUH, but if you live on the internet you already knew that.
- •Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky (1991)Ultra-violent and Ultra-dubbed, Riki-Oh is a beautiful mess of action and explosions and (admittedly hard to watch) super gore. But it does have one of the most well composed shots of a man being strangled by another man's intestine. So, it's got that going for it.
- •The Toxic Avenger (1986)Troma Entertainment's crown jewel, The Toxic Avenger is the story of a janitor who is thrown into a vat of toxic waste and becomes a hideous monster who protects the town from evil. Most of it takes place at a health spa for some reason?
- •Super Mario Bros. (1993)In one of his last interviews, Bob Hoskins named this film the greatest regret of his career. Dennis Hopper and John Leguizamo are there to share in this fucking nightmare.
- •Battlefield Earth (2000)Thetans attached themselves to the entire production of this movie and make for a bloated film (and John Travolta, amirite?!) filmed entirely in Dutch angles.
- •Freddy Got Fingered (2001)Some critics say that Tom Green's directorial debut is a dada-esque exploration of Green's own father issues. I say that at one point Rip Torn is covered in hundreds of tons of elephant semen and Up only has a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. Sometimes critics are full of shit.