DATE NIGHT WITH MYSELF
- •I took myself to the movies tonight, and thanks to the help from the List App community, I ended up seeing The Big Short.See, helpful! HELP ME MAKE A DECISION
- •First of all, I loved the movie. And the acting was amazing. Thanks everyone for the recommendation. Will most likely see Spotlight next week.
- •Secondly, as someone who currently works in the finance industry, this movie scared the shit out of me.
- •Now, I'm not one of the people who get paid the big bonuses for selling loads of banking products.My last bonus was a $200 gift card that I used to buy Aesop products. I'm what could be classified as working in the "shit kicker" end of the hierarchical structure. Which is basically anyone who wears a uniform, really.
- •And until now, I was blissfully unaware of this crap that was happening behind the scenes.I mean, I know there's corruption in the world, I'm not that naive, but I really had no idea how deep it goes. Or maybe I didn't want to know. Who knows.
- •Granted, it didn't get that bad in Australia. But still, at the time when I was speaking to customers who were worried about the thought of the Australian economy turning to shit I couldn't really grasp what they were so worried about.Now I do.
- •I also have a better understanding of why I have to verify the literal crap out of everything in a loan file. And if any customers complain about why I'm asking for so much stuff I will tell them: first of all, I have to and secondly, watch The Big Short, get me the documentation I'm asking for and stop fucking whining.Maybe I won't actually swear at them, though.
- •I'm also considering a move to the middle of nowhere with a ton of seeds and starting to gather water. 😳
- •But all in all it was a good date night for me and me. We enjoyed getting out of the house.