FATES AND FURIES WEEK 2: SOME OF MY FAVORITE SENTENCES
A random selection for the List App @BookClub. There's no particular theme, these are just sentences that I loved.
- •Are you drinking because you're sad, or are you drinking to show me how sad you are?
- •There was nothing that miracle woman couldn't do, he thought, then thought about how this fresh-cut-grass smell was the olfactory scream of the plants.
- •Dogs, being wordless, can only be mirrors of their humans. It's not their fault that their people are fatally flawed.
- •His wife carried their picnic basket to the edge of the lake under a willow so old it no longer wept, just sort of bore its fate with thickened equanimity.
- •Sallie considered her sister-in-law; though she appeared confected of sugar and air, there was a bitter black walnut at her core.
- •The noble feel the same strong feelings as the rest of us; the difference is in how they choose to act.
- •Home, moonlight planing the surface of the desk, bone fingers of winter trees plucking stars from the sky.
- •He saw the soft cotton of dawn wipe over the face of the night.