Five Things I Learned About Myself In The Last Five Days.
Thanks for the LR @jessicaz! I've been house & cat sitting for one of my friends for the last 5 days, staying in her beautiful house in the mountains. It's just been me and her 2 cats, and a lot of time alone.
- 1.I'm easily distracted, even when there's very little to distract me.Oh look, is that a cockatoo in the tree in the back yard? Oh, so there's about ten of them. And there's king parrots and rosellas. I should feed them. Oh wait, I don't know this bird, I should go online and find out what it is. And check every single website that's ever been created while I'm checking.
- 2.I didn't take advantage of the peace and quiet as much as I should have.I crave silence and solitude when I'm at home so I can read and write but when I actually get it what do I do? Fall into a Netflix coma. Yep. It's true. The things I saw... I really need to get Netflix for myself so I don't binge watch while I'm away somewhere.
- 3.Full blown paranoia and ridiculousness can escalate rather quickly when I'm left to my own devices.On Saturday morning, just down the road from where I'm staying (literally about 200 meters away), a car went over the side of the mountain. Unfortunately the driver didn't survive and my first thought after feeling compassion for his family and what they must be going through was that I sincerely hope he doesn't haunt the surrounding area, especially when I'm by myself in a remote location. Cue jumping at every single noise that night and not sleeping much at all.
- 4.I do love a good sunrise. I caught them all while I was here.I also love the 10am nap after getting up so early.
- 5.I missed my cat.As I usually do when I'm away. While it's been great to care for 2 other beautiful cats, my cat does give me the best snuggles and I can't wait to see him tonight.