HIKING BOOT RECOMMENDATIONS
- •A few weeks ago, I went hiking with one of my friends. I went to get my hiking boots out of the cupboard, but they'd been in there for so long the soles had actually disintegrated. 🙁
- •Instead, I wore my sneakers. And as I was merrily strolling along, I rolled my ankle and couldn't walk for a couple of weeks.Ironically, at the very moment my ankle decided to shit itself, I had been thinking that I really should replace my hiking boots. But it's been years since I've shopped for them. There's so many to choose from!
- •So, this is a shoutout to all the hikers on @list - what hiking boots do you wear? What are your favorite brands? Any tips for buying?
- •Go 👇
- •I have a decent pair made by Coleman. I bought them because they were on clearance for $12, but they've held up well and I fixed them with marine sealant recently and they are like new now.Most people I've talked to recently think Merrell is a great, dependable brand too.Suggested by @jennifergster
- •They're technically more Equestrian than Hiking but I ❤️ my Ariat boots. Have worn them for long walks in forests/mountains etc. Great support/warmth/waterproofness 👍🏻👍🏻Suggested by @ellaellakennedy
- •Seek comfort and, if regularly encountering damp wet conditions, water resistant.Good advice here: http://www.backcountry.com/explore/how-to-choose-the-right-hiking-shoes-backpacking-bootsSuggested by @andersun
- •I actually don't wear boots (like many long distance hikers nowadays) and wear trail runners. I love my Brooks Cascadias!!Suggested by @liamduncandonuts
- •Did we mention comfort and a good fit?More good advice plus videos! https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/hiking-boots.htmlSuggested by @andersun