MY FAVORITE AUSTRALIAN CURRENCY, RANKED
Having worked in a bank for 3 years & 25 days, I tend to be slightly desensitized to the sight of money. I do quite like the colors of our notes though.
- •5 centsThese look pretty but they're tiny and a little annoying. I always end up with a heap in my purse. They fall out easily too.
- •10 centsSee above. Slightly bigger and less annoying.
- •20 centsCute with the platypus and all that but they're heavy.
- •50 centsAlso heavy but funky shape. My favorite of the silver coins.
- •$1Second favorite gold coin. Sometimes they do commemorative pressings of this coin.
- •$2Favorite gold coin. They do commemorative pressings of these coins from time to time too, usually with pretty colors.
- •$5Pretty colors. Good for small purchases. Gum, mints, chocolate, etc.
- •$10Again, pretty colors. Better to have handy than the $5's.
- •$20Pretty nice to have.
- •$50I quite like these ones. Most commonly found in my purse during the 2-3 days after pay day.
- •$100My personal favorite. Quite a rare sight in my purse though. People sometimes complain that they're hard to 'break' in shops. I've never had that problem.