My film cameras, ranked by how often I've used them
It turns out I have a lot of film cameras...
- •Diana MiniThis innocent looking camera started a trend of buying other cameras in the 'lomography' range. So cheeky. It also re-ignited my interest in film, so I guess it's ok. Have used it quite a bit. It's small and comes with a cool case, so I can just chuck it in my bag if the mood strikes.
- •HolgaI quite like this bad boy. He's been out and about a bit, especially on a Melbourne holiday a few years ago. He's a keeper.
- •Super Fat LensIt looks uninspiring but actually takes pretty cool photos. I've stashed it in my digital camera bag at times. It doesn't take much space and you just have to point and click and you're done.
- •Minolta X-500If you're ever in Melbourne and want to buy a 2nd hand film camera, Michaels on Elizabeth Street is the only place to go. That's where I signed the adoption papers for this beauty. Only processed 1 roll (so far). A beautiful camera.
- •Diana F+Not content with just the Mini, I had to go and get the F+. It takes ok photos but I prefer the Holga if I'm going to use this kind of camera. Has not been used all that much.
- •Zorki 4KAn eBay buy from a really nice guy in the Ukraine. I think 1 full roll has been taken but I'm not sure what I've done with it. It might still be in the camera. Shocking.
- •Not quite sure what to call this one. It came with the inspiring name of Twin Lens Reflex Camera DIY Kit.After I put it together and learnt a plethora of new swear words in the process, I've only managed to use half a roll of film.
- •Lubitel 166BI lusted after this camera for so long and have not even finished a full roll yet. Heartbreaking. There's only one solution.
- •Imperial Mark 27An eBay impulse buy. Has never been used. Not even sure if it works.
- •Imperial Cubex IVSee above.