MY LIFE IN TEN SONGS
Australian music edition (just to be different).
- •Last to Know, Neil Finn"I went down the track, made the wrong turn, finished up where I started."
- •Familiar, Kind of PlutoThe band broke up in 2005 but this is my favorite of all 5 songs on their one & only EP. I like to play it when I'm fed up with other people wanting me to be someone I'm not.
- •Bobilee, Elana StoneSometimes having your heart open all the time isn't the best thing. "But in the meantime..."
- •Never Tear Us Apart, INXS"Cause we all have wings, but some of us don't know why."
- •Amazing, Alex LloydFor when I'm feeling nostalgic for the 'good ole times'.
- •Alone, Custard"The cast of my life only just includes me." I was so sad when the band broke up, but then from the ashes (eventually) rose Dave McCormack & The Polaroids. And only this evening, I found out that Custard reformed & released another album last year. I really should pay more attention, but no surprises for what my next iTunes purchase will be!
- •The Inner West, Dave McCormack & the PolaroidsPurely because I used to live in the Brisbane inner city suburb of West End. And it's a great song!
- •Dirty Jeans, Magic DirtCause sometimes I just repeat the same thing over and over again. You'll know why this song represents that if you get a chance to listen to it!
- •Scar, Missy Higgins"Cause I'm a little bit tired of fearing that I'll be the bad fruit nobody buys."
- •Yesterday When I Was Brave, JebediahI was much braver in my youth.