SOME OF MY FAVORITE ROMANTIC MOVIE ENDINGS
A list in progress, in no particular order.
- •Bridget Jones's DiaryWait a minute, nice boys don't kiss like that. Oh yes they fucking do.
- •Pitch PerfectI told you, endings are the best part. You're such a weirdo.
- •Any Questions For BenDid you understand any of that? No? It's an old edition I think (puts down Arabic phrase book). Ok, Plan B. Will you be my girlfriend? Will you go out with me?
- •While You Were SleepingI am in love with your son. Not that one, THAT one.
- •Notting HillI just wondered whether if Mr Thacker realized he'd been a daft prick, and got down on his knees and begged you to reconsider, whether you would, in fact, then reconsider? Yes, I believe I would. That's very good news. The readers of Horse and Hound will be absolutely delighted.
- •The HolidayWhy would I ever leave before New Year's Eve? That makes no sense at all. I mean, you didn't exactly ask me out, but you did say you loved me, so I'm thinking I've got a date. If you'll have me.
- •The Wedding SingerThe 'Grow Old With You' song.