Things I've cooked this afternoon
Saturday 7th May edition
- •Context: my parents have spent the last 3 weeks visiting my sister in Sydney, they are back home in Brisbane tomorrow night. Whenever they come home, I always cook a nice meal for them and make sure the fridge is stocked.Daughter of the Year. Yes indeed.
- •They prefer a more meaty diet. I am vegan. I usually cook 2 different meals. Tomorrow I'll be making 2 lasagnes: one meaty, one veggie. Served with a salad.
- •But, I don't want to spend all day tomorrow cooking. I have other things to do. So I've had an afternoon of prep.
- •I have cooked:
- •Bolognese sauce
- •Béchamel sauceMade with milk and butter
- •Béchamel sauceMade with soy milk and dairy free butter
- •Grilled eggplant
- •Grilled zucchini
- •Pan fried mushroom with red peppers
- •Napoli sauceFor my veggie lasagne.
- •And dinner for me tonight.Chana masala with chickpeas and brown rice.
- •Soundtrack: my gym playlist plus assorted 80's tunes.It's rocking at Chez Jocelyn.
- •My feet and back now ache and I'm reminded of why I stopped being a chef.It would be nice to have a kitchen hand to do my dishes though.
- •Soon I'll be relaxing with a glass of wine.
- •And tomorrow, all I have to do is assemble 2 lasagnes and pop them in the oven. 😊