THINGS TO DO ON THE WEEKEND WHEN YOU'RE IN BED SICK WITH THE FLU
- •Watch episodes of your favorite sitcom.When I have the flu, there's no guarantee that I'll be able to stay awake for a whole movie. Watching small, bite-size chunks of familiar comedy will lift your spirits and make you feel better. But more importantly, you know when the laughs are coming. You don't want to be unprepared or surprised by something that could potentially make you lose your ability to keep it together (cough, sneeze or both at the same time).
- •Read short stories.As above, when I'm sick I have the attention span of a fruit fly. Small bites of entertaining prose is the way to go.
- •Catch up on some zzzz's (or zzzz-ed's wherever you may be in the world).There's generally no judgement from others when you elect to sleep for most of the day when you are feeling under the weather. It's kind of expected. Make the most of it and nap to your heart's content.
- •Work on story ideas for upcoming NaNoWriMo.Still having no idea what I'll write about in less than two weeks, I could use this time to brainstorm ideas. How about a story about...maybe something along the lines of...it could start with...what would happen if...oh, I think I'll do this next week.
- •Make Lists!!Lots and lots of lists!