TODAY'S SUPERB BOOK HAUL
A combination of bookstore purchases (from Folio Books in Brisbane city) and a delivery of online purchases made today a great book day.
- •Lists of NoteThis has been in my Book Depository wishlist for months and I stumbled across it in Folio Books for half price. Mine, I said! Especially considering I am a lover of lists 😊
- •Brisbane Then and NowI love looking at old photos of my hometown. This will be the first book I browse through while enjoying my afternoon cup of tea.
- •A Little LifeI've heard this book is interesting. Can't wait to dive in. Will maybe start tomorrow morning.
- •Science Wars Through the StargateThis arrived in the mail today from the University of Queensland and I am SUPER excited to receive it! The author (Steven Gil) is a friend I went to uni with. This is essentially his PhD thesis in book form and he sent me one of the free author copies cause I helped proofread some of it. And I'm a Stargate SG1 fan.
- •Fifty Places to Hike Before You DieFrom Book Depository. Time to start planning some future hiking holidays.
- •The Obstacle is the WayI heard Ryan Holiday on a podcast a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned his book. He claims it will transform the way I think about obstacles. We shall see.
- •Protein NinjaI have Terry Hope Romero's other book, Salad Samuri, and absolutely love it. Can't wait to dip into this book and try some new recipes.