Lessons I learned after finishing my freshman year of college.
Lessons that are good, and some I learned the hard way.
- •You may think you're prepared for college, but nothing prepares you for walking it's a giant lecture hall with a few hundred people.Coming from a small school, a lecture hall with 300 people freaked me out
- •College gives you the illusion of free time.
- •Naps are essential.Why did I hate them when I was little?
- •Know your limits.Interpret that however you want...
- •Go to your professors for help. Don't sit back and struggle.They want you to succeed, talking to them one on one helps.
- •Know where you stand with your grade in the class at midterm.Freaking out about your grade during dead week isn't ideal.
- •Procrastination does not workYet we all still do it.
- •Cramming for tests does not work.Yet we all still do it.
- •You'll make friendships that'll last forever.
- •Joining Greek Life is a great decision.
- •Caffeine becomes your best friend during finals week.Drank way too much coffee and/or Red Bull for my own good.
- •Work hard, but take time to enjoy college as well.Get work done, then go spend time with friends. The social part of college is important too.
- •Understand that time flies by.One year down and it feels like I blinked and it's over.
- •Love your school!Go Pokes 🍊🔫