7 Songs that Changed my World
In some respects my life has been harder than others, but in others, not nearly as hard as some. This is a list of a few songs that got me through hard and troubled times. Both as a kid and as an adult, music gives you something deeper than meaning and understanding.
- •"Shelter from the Storm" - Bob DylanI came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form, come in she said, I'll give you Shelter from the Storm.
- •"Somebody to Love" - QueenCan anybody fine me, Somebody to Love?
- •"You Got a Friend in Me" - Randy NewmanSome other folks might be a little bit smarter than I am, bigger and stronger too, maybe. But none of them will ever love you the way I do, it's me and you, boy.
- •"How to Make Gravy" - Paul KellyIf I get good behaviour, I'll be outta here by July. Won't you kiss my kids on Christmas Day? Please don't let them cry for me.
- •"Paradise City" - Guns 'n' RosesOoh I wanna go, ooh I wanna go, oh won't you please take me home!
- •"Welcome to the Black Parade" - My Chemical RomanceHe said son, when you grow up, would you be the saviour of the broken, defeated and the damned?
- •"Space Oddity" - David BowieCommencing countdown, engines on.