RESTAURANTS FOR WHEN YOUR FRIEND VISITS YOU IN ATLANTA FOR THE WEEKEND
A food orgy for you and the friend that's visiting you in Atlanta for the weekend.
- 1.Friday Dinner - Fox Bros BBQThe best spot for BBQ. Things to try: Texas fries with brisket, chicken wings, the Fox Bros Burger, brisket plate, Frito pie.
- 2.Saturday Breakfast - The General MuirA modern take on a Jewish deli. Smoked fish, homemade pastrami, delicious bagels. Don't miss the latkes.
- 3.Saturday Lunch - Ponce City MarketSomething for everyone at this market - Atlanta's best burger at Holeman and Finch, porky Cuban sandwiches at Superpan, healthy things at Farm To Ladle, fish sandwiches at Dub's Fish Camp, and tacos at Minero. PCM is conveniently located on the BeltLine, so walk off lunch on Atlanta's best place for a long stroll
- 4.Saturday Dinner - BoccaLupoAtlanta's spot for pasta. It's not traditional Italian. It's a modern take on things. There's a good tasting menu, but if that's not your thing, white lasagna, squid ink spaghetti with shrimp and sausage, and 20 yolk tagliatelle with wild mushrooms. Bomb.com.
- 5.Sunday Brunch - Ladybird Grove & Mess HallGreat spot for brunch on a Sunday. Super patio facing the BeltLine. Strong beer selection and food menu. Try tacos, chicken wings, and guac. Dress casually.
- 6.Squeeze it in - PanaharLocated on Buford Highway, Atlanta's spot for the most authentic ethnic cuisine, this is the spot for Bangladeshi food, which is similar in style to Indian (think: curries). But since you don't know anything about Bangladeshi food, just ask the waiter to take care of you. And, BYOB.