I think my therapist may be a Trump supporter...and it scares the shit out of me
I met with my therapist today, the first time since the election.
- •I want to first say that she did not definitively state a position.I actually respect this as it seems unprofessional to bring politics into our sessions.
- •I couldn't help bringing up the election as it's all I've been thinking/worried about for the past week.
- •I said "...and the election has had me sick"
- •She said "I know, it's been such a dog and pony show...and now all these protestors..."
- •"And now all these protestors" that sounds like something a Trump supporter would say, right?
- •I'm not sure what to do.
- •I've been pouring my heart out to this woman and she's been giving me advice.
- •I like her. But I don't know how to trust her anymore.
- •My insurance doesn't leave me many options in my area.
- •I was too afraid to come right out and ask her directly. To be honest, I was afraid I'd just call her a fascist and storm out.
- •I don't know what to do. But I am deeply bummed.