ACTORS THAT WILL MAKE ME MORE LIKELY TO SEE A MOVIE
Inspired by @mindy 's list.
- •Mark or Jay DuplassWhich one of these brothers should I crush on more? It's too hard to decide! Then they get together and make sensitive stories about interesting relationships. They may as well be perpetually helping an old woman across the street with babies on their backs and a puppy in tow.
- •Michelle WilliamsSo understated in her beauty and film choices, and her style is tops.
- •Francis McDormandAlways Badass and Olive Kittredge is perfect.
- •Philip Seymour Hoffmann (RIP)So intense and commanding. He could guide the most complex story home.
- •Michael CeraHe makes me feel delighted and gleeful, and hopeful about humans. Love his music too.
- •Gaby HoffmanShe can be counted on for hilarious drug scenes, challenging nudity, and general awesomeness.
- •Parker PoseyWhy aren't more people casting her right now? At least Louis CK recognizes her magnificence.
- •Cate BlanchettClassy and twisted all in one, I love it.
- •Maggie GyllenhaalThis is primarily based on her bakery owner role in Stranger Than Fiction, a perfectly casted movie (Emma Thompson too!) and, for me, Will Ferrell was finally redeemed.
- •Martin StarrBecause Bill, from Freaks and Geeks.
- •Laura DernDo I need to explain this? She's a force. I still can't believe Enlightened was canceled.
- •Gene HackmanBecause The Conversation.