TOP THINGS FROM RECENT TRIP TO NY
- •Piano Karaoke at Sid Gold's Request Room in Chelsea - this is a punk pop piano bar where the ex keyboardist from The Psychedelic Furs will back you up on piano and vocals while you sing songs like Lovecats by The Cure, which is one of the songs I sang. Really good cocktails too.
- •The Benedict Bowl at The Egg Shop in Soho - English Muffin Croutons? Genius!
- •The Just Joans at Baby's All Right in Williamsburg - A rare appearance from amazing boy/girl Glaswegian songwriters and harmonizers. Refreshing Scottish colloquial miserablism.
- •Random Show at The Comedy Cellar in the West Village - OK so it's popular because of Louis CK, but all 5 acts were good, really good.
- •Japanese Food at Mama Samurai in Williamsburg - did not know I could be that impressed by Seaweed Salad and Miso soup.
- •Italian at Supper in East Village - Impressive everything. Pasta cooked to perfection. Great red sauce.
- •The Dinner Party by Judy Chicago at Brooklyn Museum.
- •The wand they give you at The Cooper Hewitt Museum so you can save works of art to a URL you may visit later.