VOCABULARY I HAVE LEARNED FROM MY SCOTTISH HUSBAND
Some are British and some specifically Scottish.
- •Assault CourseObstacle course.
- •Death SlideZip line.
- •Star JumpsJumping jacks.
- •TrumpetAnnoying guy, chump.
- •Jumper (or Wooly Jumper)Sweater.
- •ShoesUsed to distinguish footwear that is not a sneaker.
- •WeeHe never uses the word "little". And only uses "small" in terms of clothing size.
- •Jobbie, ToleyAlternative words for poop. He says the Scottish have as many words for shite as Eskimos have for snow, and these are a a couple key ones.
- •Jobbie JabberAn immature way to refer to a gay man. See above.