The Five Best Pop Punk Bands
- •Green DayYou'd be damned to find a more influential band from the 1990s, save Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Green Day forged the path for a new form of punk to reach radio airwaves with their breakout album, Dookie. Enough said, they're Green Day.
- •Blink-182Say what some will about Blink-182 but they have the most songs with the most longevity of these bands. If you play any of the hits off Enema of the State, people will start tapping their feet. Still so sad the Tom left, though.
- •Fall Out BoyI remember the first Fall Out Boy song I heard was 'Sugar, We're Goin Down', like most, but I remember not being able to understand what Pete Wentz was singing until years later. Now that that story is over, Fall Out Boy has adapted to a change of genre releasing the album Save The Rock and Roll which gained just as much success as their break through stuff.
- •My Chemical RomanceGod, MCR, so many angsty memories. That's why I think I put them on this list, songs like 'My Famous Last Words' and 'Helena' are some off the top of my head. Also, I would be a bold faced liar if I said I did not belt out the intro lyrics to 'Welcome to the Black Parade' every time I hear the song.
- •Sum 41Ahhh the only angry Canadians you may come across. Sum 41 has a spark, a certain type of life, to their music that I think made me put them on this list. They have songs like 'In Too Deep' or 'Fat Lip' that are fun and have silly lyrics that contrast with songs like 'Pieces' and 'Confusion and Frustration in Modern Times' that have more political and emotional lyrics.