Things That Inspire Creativity
Sometimes ideas are like lightbulbs –they suddenly turn on. Then other times you have to chisel away until something appears. Here's how and where I get inspired.
- •Watching television and movies (purposefully).
- •Running on the same 4 mile route where my head wanders.
- •Art museums. Specifically modern art museums... with headphones tuned to Spotify's 'focus' playlists.
- •Operas. I don't know why, but I always have my notebook and pen ready to jot down whatever ends up finding its way into my head.
- •Hiking up to Griffith Observatory.
- •Watching the sunset from my balcony (usually drinking wine).
- •Flights from LA to NYC. That's where the magic happens.