Movies I watched too young
- •A Clockwork OrangeOne of many late night curiosities on Cinemax's mid 80s Vanguard Cinema series, circa 12 years old. I remember hearing my parents say that they had walked out of that movie, which only made me want to see it more.
- •The ExorcistMom's a fan of horror...apparently felt it was okay to show this one to me at around 10.
- •CaddyshackToo iconic of an early 80's comedy to avoid when HBO was in the house...yeah, so not ok for children of kindergarten age.
- •The ReAnimatorAnother late night cable discovery....is sexual gore appropriate at 11?
- •10Saw that Bo Derek beach clip in cable promos enough times to know I wanted to see this movie....but yeah, a bit heavy on the eroticism for younger eyes.
- •AirplaneI remember my parents were away at a parent/teacher conference when I watched this for the first time....despite bare boobs and loads of other child inappropriate humor for kids, I saw this many more times after that with the whole family.