My Favorite Indie Bookstores
In honor of #IndependentBookstoreDay my favorite independent books (past and present)
- •Black Oak Books, Berkeley (R.I.P.)I basically grew up here. It was a few blocks from my house. Favorite evening activity would be to take a walk there with my dad in the evening and see what new books were out.
- •Cody's Books, Berkeley (R.I.P.)I still can't believe it's not around. A Berkeley institution.
- •Moe’s Books, BerkeleyBest bookstore for used books in the Bay Area.
- •St. Marks Bookshop, New York (R.I.P.)Despite the rude service, was my go to bookstore in New York for years.
- •McNally - Jackson Books, New York
- •Dark Carnival Books, Berkeley
- •万圣书园 All Sages Books, BeijingIndependent bookstore outside Qinghua University
- •唐山書店, Taipei
- •渡口书店, Shanghai
- •新手書店, Taichung
- •Motto Books, Berlin