BEST PHOTOGRAPHY BOOK STORES
- •Dashwood - NYC#1 most inspiring and stimulating bookstore I've ever been to...and also tiny. Important because they will always have something you've never seen before. Lots of Japanese stuff, but also the classics.
- •Arcana - Culver CityNot specifically photography, but all art books. Great for monographs and less popular arts (or lesser published like car design). My favorite in LA, but not saying much.
- •Kinokuniya - NYCA great treat if you find yourself in Bryant Park with time to kill.
- •Spoonbill and Sugartown - BrooklynBetter for the other arts, and also reading...but still one of my favorites.
- •Mast Books - NYCI always forget about Mast, a great neighborhood spot. Good for special editions and design specific books.
- •Idea Books - NYC and LONDONThey have a very small selection in the Dover Street Markets of both NYC and LA, but their web store is 🙌🙌🙌. Only thing remotely comparable to Dashwood, in my opinion.
- •Family - Los AngelesSuper cool that it exists, although not my cup of tea. Lots of young, self published, gritty, cool street photographers.
- •Hennesy and Ingalls2 locations in LA. Feels like Barnes and Noble...not into it.
- •BookMarc - LA and NYC and JapanMarc Jacobs book store - almost forgot, but one of my favs! They have an expertly curated selection of new and used photography, fiction, non fiction, cookbooks and also DVDs. If you need a gift for someone creative, anything here is good. The buyer does and incredible job with the used photography section... Often discover something new.