THINGS IVE LEARNED WHILE DATING A FARMER
My boyfriend was raised on a homestead in Long Island. He is also in charge of the summer camps. Im dating a camp counselor and a farmer... 2 dream birds, 1 stone.
- •Chickens bathe in dirt holes
- •When cows have boy/girl twins they produce a freemartin. Where the fetuses share genetics and the female looks like a female but acquired the XY component (basically sterile and no good for milking)
- •You can get a lot of bacon from one pig (RIP Honey). Like a years worth (depending on which part of country you live in).
- •Eggs do not need to be refrigeratedThey are laid with a "bloom" (protective seal) that is removed when washed. They only need to go in the refrigerator if they have been washed clean.
- •Ewe : adult female sheep
- •Everyone needs milking twice a day everyday, you can not skip a milking
- •Rabbits are born in a nest with their eyes closed
- •Chickens have REM sleep...chickens dream