- •Be proud of yourself for the small things.Getting out of bed...turning your negative thoughts into positive ones... getting your homework done.
- •Don't run away when you're scared.I know I distance myself from people when I'm overwhelmed or run away from responsibilities when I'm afraid of failing. I know that facing it makes it easier in the end.
- •It's okay to do what makes you happy.Listening to Elvis Duran show all day...driving a little bit out of the way just to go skiing... If it makes you happy, do it.
- •It's also okay to have really lazy days.If all you did was get out of bed to go downstairs to eat something, that's OKSY, you're not a terrible person for taking a day for yourself.
- •You need to take it one day at a time.If you think about what needs to be done a month from now, a week, even 3 days, you're going to break yourself down. Take each day ONE at a time and you're going to be okay.
- •You're not in the same place you used to be.I KNOW that I'm in a happier, healthier state of mind than I used to be. I've fixed or am fixing mistakes I've made...I know how to help myself when things get bad. Even on the bad days, I can be proud of myself for how far I've come.
- •You don't have to have your life figured out in one day.Sometimes I compare myself to friends or old classmates and say...why haven't YOU done this? Why aren't you at this same point? I know I'm doing the best I can with what I have. I know I'll get to where I need to be in time...as long as I do what I scan control that's what matters.