Only 13 Reasons I Am Forever-obsessed W/ "Hamilton" (There Are Thousands More)
I won the lottery outside the Richard Rodgers theater 6 weeks after the show opened. My world turned upside down!
- •Daveed DIGGS strutting & singing (voice rich as sapphires) as cocky Thomas Jefferson!
- •The catchy tunes, the soaring melodies!
- •The heavenly voice of Phillipa Soo as Eliza.
- •The spunk and spirit & pizzazz of Renee Elise Goldsberry as Angelica. AND her amazing voice.
- •Javier Muñoz as Alexander Hamilton (he is perm fill-in for Lin-Manuel Miranda at Sun. matinee and he is OUTSTANDING. (#Tonyaward needed for Sensational backups & understudies! )
- •Leslie Odom Jr. as Burr — is a Gift from Theater Heaven!
- •Lin-Manuel Miranda's immense genius! RARE & Pure & Magnificent GENIUS! From concept to every single note and lyric. The score rarely exits my head. (His folks must be slapping themselves silly)
- •The choreography is dashing! Electrifying!
- •Is there anything sexier for a guy to wear than a Founding Fathers ensemble? Trust me, no! Bring back knickers, I say! And Ruffled collars & cuffs! Pretty please!
- •Two words for this show: Revolutionary & Transformative. The biggest turning point in the history of musical theater — ever! (The last "significant" turning point may have been..."Show Boat" or "West Side Story." but "Hamilton" beats any/all!)
- •DAVEED DIGGS! Man o man! So what'd I miss!?
- •The history! the history! the fact that scores of those who have "claimed" to "not like musicals" are changing their tunes BIGTIME. This show breaks down so many barriers !
- •At stage door after the show we met everyone. All SO kind & gracious! I told Daveed DIggs that he blew me away more than anyone ever has from a stage. He smiled his MAGNETIC smile & said: "Thanks, but, you know, it's A LOT of work." We Know, Daveed, we Understand! Thanks for ALL of your amazing Hard Work! Love You!(Sisters with Daveed!)