Top Ten Gilmore Girls Characters in Order of Preference
I feel bad that Lane isn't on this :( RIP Lane
- •LoreleiDespite her selfishness and tendency toward overreaction, she's the funniest human on the planet and she makes me laugh more than any other character and I think I've inadvertently adopted her manner of speech. Plus she's like suuuuper pretty and her quirks are crazy charming. Also her outfits are hilarious and I want to live in her house.
- •ParisUnequivocally herself at all times, her intensity and delivery is perfect. Not someone I could tolerate in real life, but watching her yell at people on TV, sprinkling in jokes just because she can, is a total delight.
- •SookieSookie's enthusiasm, joie de vivre and tendency to fall/hurt herself, all with a smile on her face, is so much fun to watch. She is an amazing friend to Lorelei, her freak-outs never last longer than an episode, and her passion for food and cooking is adorable. She might be the perfect television character.
- •RoryI know rory should be higher on the list, but she's just a weaker version of Lorelei, and we already have a Lorelei. That being said, the episodes when they aren't speaking are horrible, and when I was younger she was totally my role model. It's cool that she's so smart, and her firm grasp on reality is a nice and necessary foil to her mom. That being said, the face she makes after she kisses someone is infuriating.
- •Morey/BabetteBest couple in the world. They're flawless.
- •LukeNo one's cynicism is as charming as Luke's. And I would killll to spend a morning at the diner. He loves Lorelei to the max and he's steady — a character you can count on. But when he sucks he suckssss. And April can gtfo.
- •JessHe's way too rude and moody, and he was a terrible boyfriend to Rory, but dang he is the best bad boy. He has amazing taste in books and music and his dumb emotionality was super appealing to me as a teenager. Plus he's the best when he comes back for those random episodes later on. Sexy boy.
- •Miss PattyThe epitome of stars hollow color. She's part of what makes this show so enchanting and fun. "Try a plum they're better than sex."
- •Richard/EmilyI wish these two were just a liiiiittle bit nicer. They can be unnecessarily cruel. But they are also super complicated and interesting and their relationship with Lorelei is touching and weird.
- •KirkKirk can be a little too weird for me sometimes: eg "animal planet doesn't even do it for me anymore." But it's fun to watch him cycle through every available job in stars hollow. Plus, you know, color.