FAVORITE PERIOD PIECES, RANKED
Is there a genre that is more gratifying to watch? ALSO I tried to feature the classic "our faces are close but we're not kissing because #propriety" moments that all of these offer.
- 1.Pride & PrejudiceMkay, we can all agree that this is the absolute gold standard? Yes? Good. A must-see. Refer to this list for further thoughts: BEST PARTS OF PRIDE AND PREJUDICE (2005)
- 2.Far From the Madding CrowdI just watched this and it is so FUCKING GORGEOUS. I cried at the end, but I promise that's not a spoiler because 80% of it was just me being completely overwhelmed by the beauty of the whole thing. PLEASE go watch this.
- 3.BrooklynThis movie makes my heart melt. Like, I thought I was already sappy, but my heart at its resting state is ICE FUCKING COLD compared to how this movie makes me feel. Go watch it.
- 4.AtonementThe first forty minutes of this are PER-FUCKING-FECTION. So pretty. So aesthetically pleasing. Go forth. Feast your eyes upon it.
- 5.PoldarkI'm not gonna lie to you guys. This is rough for the first 2.5 episodes before the romance kicks in/the lead heroine gets real pretty. Because period pieces are FUCKING ROUGH without the romance. But after it starts up it's soooo good.
- 6.Becoming JaneOkay I used to LOVE this but it doesn't seem to hold up super well as I age. It's still worth watching at least once because the story feels VERY real compared to some of the others on this list.