NATIONAL PARKS I'VE BEEN TO, RANKED
Based on views/enjoyment/general vibes/if I fought with my parents there/if I was PMSing/if I remember it?
- •CanyonlandsMeh. I feel like this is one of the thousands of spots in Utah that could have been made into a park and they just said sure, why not here. Overrun with French/German foreigners (very strange phenomenon - they all basically get the month of August off to travel the world?)
- •Mesa VerdeLittle overrated, if you ask me. It's hard to actually see the structures and the park is hours and hours away from any town so you're forced to stay in the only hotel/eat at the only restaurant. I got a cool shirt, though.
- •Wind CaveHAHAHAH baby sis had to pee in a bag here bc she had to go during the tour. All I remember about it. Great family story.
- •Great Sand DunesThis place is CRAY. It was hot, the last day of vacation, we hiked up the ridge of a dune and my dad was panting the whole way (I was sure his heart was going to give out), my little sister was convinced she was going to fall off the ridge and so she would only crawl. We gave up after 30 mins and walked back down, but it was still cool to see and I'm still amazed that these things exist in the middle of nowhere!
- •ConagreeOkay! Drove an extra 2-3 hrs south to get here (and we didn't even jump down to FL so I could say I've been) but everyone was in a good mood and my parents bought me a shirt I still have. Basically a glorified swamp, not insanely special, but still cool.
- •Rocky MountainYou can see some DOPE wildlife here. I saw two bull moose, a momma moose, a baby moose, tons of elk, lots of cool birds, crazy chipmunks. Gorgeous mountains like I had never seen before, cool temps even in August, gave me Shining vibes. Good time.
- •BadlandsFUN! South Dakota is fun, y'all. It was hot but I was 8 or 9 and loved climbing on shit and also got to play with my dad's video camera.
- •Great Smoky MountainsLOVE LOVE LOVE the views. I could live here. It was a rough time family wise but it's absolutely gorgeous.
- •ShenandoahAlso GORG. Could also live here. The Appalachian Mountains are in my blood. I haven't been in a while but UGH mountains in Virginia are my shit.
- •ArchesGORG. I took so many crazy beautiful pics here. Went with my parents literally a few days before I moved into freshman yr of college, flew on an airplane for the first time bc I asked my dad to show me Edward Abbey's stomping grounds and he actually listened to me ❤️ it will always have a place in my heart