Leaning into the struggle
If this makes no sense, read my last post.
- •In coming to grips with my daughter's marriage ending and her wanting to explore other sexual options, I've actually realized some thing about myself.
- •I have lived vicariously through her almost since the day she was born.She is beautiful and popular and charming and lovely - everything I always wished to be.
- •My self worth has depended a lot on herIf she is successful, I feel really good about myself. When she makes decisions I disagree with, I feel like people are judging me
- •I'm more worried about what other people think than my daughters' happinessYikes! That one hurts. I come from a VERY judgmental family and it's always hindered my own sense of self. I don't want to do that to my girls!
- •I tell my piano students when they hit a part that's hard, don't avoid it. Lean into the struggle! Conquer that part and then move on.I guess it's time for me to listen to my own advice!
- •So I'm leaning in to this struggle and learning a LOT about myself in the process!