MY FAVOURITE JOHN WILLIAMS' SCORE, AND THE REASONS WHY
Oh I'm excited to do this!
- •Seven Years in TibetThe movie was meh, but the score is amazing!!!! I love Yoyo Ma but in these haunting and beautiful melodies, it sounds like music straight from heaven!
- •Jurassic ParkMy favorite scenes in this movie would be laughable without the music to inspire awe and fear!
- •Schindler' ListItzhak Perlman on violin makes this score a masterpiece. Brings me to sobs every time!
- •Saving Private RyanThe most interesting thing to me in this score is how JW can make a major piece sound so mournful! Hymn to the Fallen is one of the most beautiful songs ever composed!
- •SabrinaI aspire to play these gorgeous piano pieces! And I can't stop singing Moonlight and How Can I Remember!!!!
- •Star Wars: A New Hope and The Empire Strikes BackI could not have cared less about Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader until I heard JW's music! It drew me in and made me feel part of the Star Wars universe. Once I heard it, I could not get enough!!! It inspired me to be the musician I am today.
- •Harry PotterThis introduced a whole new generation to the magic of John Williams! What would HP be without those first few notes of Hedwig's theme that are brought back over and over throughout all eight movies (even by different composers)?
- •One of the things I love so much about Mr. William's music is the way he introduces themes for each character or situation and brings it back over and over in different and interesting ways!Listen to the soundtrack of Star wars Episode 3 and listen for themes that you heard so many years ago in Episode 4! That's thrilling to me! And the variation in Harry Potter between the Diagon Alley theme and the Knocturn Alley theme - same but completely different!
- •I'm using the music of John Williams to keep my piano students engaged!It's so exciting for them to play a song they've heard in a movie! And it's my privilege to introduce them to the amazing music of a genius living in our time!