THE GLITCHES IN MY BRAIN
If I could self-install an update, here are the glitches that would be fixed in Julie 2.0.
- •The switching of the letter R and the number 3.Since I was a little kid, I've associated these two and still often write a 3 when I mean an R and vice ve3sa.
- •Occasional face blindnessI have one neighbor who, for whatever reason, I can never recognize though I know exactly who she is and I really like her. This also applies to my children's baby photos. Have trouble telling them apart even though they looked pretty different as babies.
- •Terrible long term memoryI'm great with short term learning/memorizing but very little sticks long term. Husband will bring up a fight we had and I'll have absolutely no recollection of it happening. It's very Girl On A Train except I'm not a drinker. On the plus side, I never hold a grudge. And it's always fun to learn new things all over again.
- •Trouble with foreign pronunciation.You will never catch me eating a croissant because I hate to ask for one. Love my local bookstore Chevalier Books but won't say it out loud. Ditto Le Pain Quotidian. Strangely, have a good ear for dialogue which doesn't seem to follow.
- •Super sensitive to loud noises and temperature and discomfort in general.Rarely wear heels because I find the feeling of pinched toes so distracting I can't focus on anything else. The second I get home I rip off my clothes and put on comfortable pajamas.
- •Occasional decision paralysis
- •Lack much common knowledge.This relates to my bad long term memory. Forget how many letters in the alphabet, passed two bar exams but can't tell you the mechanics of how a bill becomes a law, never remember my times tables. But because I went to law school can talk complex constitutional law and theory, no problem, but can never remember which amendment is which.
- •My love of carbs.Ok not really a glitch but while we are fixing things, why not?