BOOKS I WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IN
Thanks for the request @ChrisK !!! To preface this list, I grew up basically LIVING at our local library. These days, I go through phases of reading voraciously and then not reading anything for months. I need to get into the habit of reading daily. If I took the time, i could come up with a more comprehensive list, but this will do in a pinch.
- •Why Not Me by Mindy KalingI love her and I found myself actually laughing out loud which didn't surprise me, because as I mentioned before....I love her. And I want to hang out with her in real life which is why I want to live in her book.
- •The Pillars of the Earth by Ken FollettI hesitated to read this because it was recommended by Oprah. I gave it a chance and Ken's world he created made me want to go to there. I don't feel cheated though, because while reading the book, I felt like I was living it.
- •The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonI totally dig this book and both the Swedish version of the movie and the American version. It might just be because I lived in Sweden for a year, but reading it made me remember so many things about that year.
- •The Gunslinger by Stephen KingI stopped reading this series on book 5 which means I will have to start from the beginning....not such a bad thing. I loved the world Stephen created.
- •A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy TooleThe absurdity of Ignatius needs to be witnessed in person. That being said, I need to read this one again!